Application process for waterwell drilling licences:
There is no change to the licence application process for waterwell drillers.
- complete a written examination which has common content across all States and Territories. ADITC is still the examining body.
- also complete other state/territory required actions. The regulator will assess both an applicant’s theoretical knowledge (from the results of this examination) and their practical experience and skills when they review the application.
The State/Territory regulator issues the licence.
Driller licensing examinations have been extensively updated in 2013.
Applicants holding NO licence must apply as follows:
- an applicant applying for a Class 1 examination must complete the Class 1 exam, and relevant endorsement/s
- an applicant applying for a class 2 examination must complete the Class 1 exam, and the Class 2 exam, and relevant endorsement/s
- an applicant applying for a class 3 examination must complete the Class 1 and the Class 2 exam and the Class 3 exam, and relevant endorsement/s
Applicants currently holding a licence and wanting to upgrade must apply as follows:
Applicants already holding a class of licence and wishing to apply for another class of licence may do so as an upgrade.
For example, an applicant holding a Class 1 licence and endorsement/s may apply for a Class 2 licence, and will be required to complete the Class 2 examination (and any additional endorsements the applicant may seek).
Endorsements can be added to an existing licence.
Endorsements do not change for Class of licence – the same endorsement can apply to Class 1, 2 or 3.
Download NDL Application Form.pdf